CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  10+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
9540344

I need to know what happens if im cought tampering with a

Customer Question

I need to know what happens if im cought tampering with a drug test
JA: Can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Wisconsin
JA: Have you talked to a laywer yet?
Customer: No, I can't afford it
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I didn't fail any tests but they think I tampered with it
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 4 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Who is they? Is this for probation?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It is probation
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Are you still there?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I hope you can give me advice
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Please? I'm kinda freaking out

Yes, sorry for the delay. I am here

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I can't afford a call but is there anything you can help me with on text?

The test would be considered a fail and your PO could violate you and you would need to answer to the technical violation. Moreover, they could actual file a new criminal charge, for tampering with this, if they wanted to escalate it. Of course, the burden is on them to show you tampered with this if they want to violate you

What makes them believe you did this?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
They made me drop twice and the second time was very diluted like water. The probation officer had me drink a bunch of water before the second time
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
They sent it in for lab tests now
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
She didn't like the color variation between the two tests

I do understand. Water will do that. If she asked you to submit to a test and you drank a lot of water, in her presence, then the diluted sample would be supported and it would be hard to say you tampered with this. If the first time you passed and there were no issues, it is odd that you would have to drop again and if you flushed out your system the first time and drank a lot of water, then the urine would be diluted and clear. As such, you could have a defense

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I was hoping for that. She forgot to test for alcohol the first time. The second test did look weird, clear but cloudy. I passed and as far as I know the control strip said it was ok.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Now she sent it in to be examined for tampering and im scared they will think I did

Then that is what you want to reply on, if there are any issues. There is no reason to think you tampered with it, unless they detect a substance in the actual sample. It being diluted because they asked you to test again and drink water, would not likely be a basis for any violation.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm just hoping whatever levels they look for are there and it comes back negative dilute instead of tampering. It was super watery. Thanks for your time, will you be still available later this evening if I think of anything else?

You are welcome and Yes, i will be, if you have any follow up questions later on. Please let me know if there is anything else, as I would be happy to respond. If not, please remember to rate my help at this time at the top of this page, prior to leaving, so I can receive the proper credit, for our time together. A 5 STAR rating is greatly appreciated Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok thank you very much

You are welcome and I look forward to he positive rating above at this time.