RobertJDFL, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.

In 2008 I was charged with DUI but was convicted of Reckless

Customer Question

Hi, in 2008 I was charged with DUI but was convicted of Reckless Endangerment the same year (plea deal) in Tennessee. In June 2016 I had my records expunged so my criminal record is clear. I'm currently completing an application for state licensure as a psychologist in Tennessee. There are two questions that I would like to see if you could advise me on just to ensure I am answering correctly. They are merely Yes/No questions and they don't provide any space to elaborate or explain, so I just want to
make sure I'm responding appropriately. At this stage I'm really uncertain of how to answer these. The questions are:
1. Have you ever been convicted of drunkenness or violation of the
narcotics laws?
2. Have you ever been convicted for any offense involving moral turpitude?
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 25 days ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I am a licensed attorney and look forward to helping you. I am reviewing your question and will reply back shortly.

Thank you for your patience.

1) Unless the application says you are to reveal all convictions (even those that have been expunged) you can answer no to this question. The expungement means there is not a conviction.

2) Crimes of moral turpitude refer to any type of dishonesty (even if charged as a misdemeanor), such as theft, conversion, forgery etc. This category also includes any crime of violence. A DUI/reckless is not considered a crime of moral turpitude.

Please remember to kindly leave a positive rating for me by clicking on the stars, as that is the only way experts are paid for their time even though you may have already paid a deposit to the site. Follow-up questions asked in this thread do not cost anything additional after leaving a positive rating.

If you need clarification
about my answer or additional information, please use the SEND or REPLY button to continue our conversation. Your satisfaction is my goal and I am here to help!