LawTalk, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years legal experience

I may be moving to ofallon missiouri next July 2017 and have

Customer Question

I may be moving to ofallon missiouri next July 2017 and have been convicted of indecent exposure will I have to register
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: California
JA: Have you talked to a laywer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I will not be on parole or probation
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 month ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. Please don't confuse excellent service with a satisfactory outcome based on your wants and desires. I can only explain the law to you---not guarantee that you will be happy with the outcome---any more than a cancer surgeon can guarantee a cure.

If you are required to register in CA, then if you relocate to Missouri, you will have to register there as well.

Only if your conviction was before January 1995, and you are not registered in CA would you not have to register in MO.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. . Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 month ago.

Good afternoon,

It is possible that your questions and issues might be better served by an in-depth conversation with me. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?

Thanks in advance,