Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

Original probation orders stated a requirement to register

Customer Question

Original probation orders stated a requirement to register per PC 290. A year into probation that condition was deleted from the original order.
Taking into consideration Full Faith and Credit Clause in the Constitution would that court order be honored in other states.
Thank You
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 2 months ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Are you online at this time?

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 2 months ago.

You would think that it would have to be honored, but that is not the case. Here's a case, for example, where someone in Washington had completed his requirement as a sex offender but California required he register there when he moved there.

For an analysis of your situation and the Full Faith and Credit clause, look at this case. Spiteri v. Russo, 2013 U.S. Dist. Lexis 128379

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 2 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.