Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

Can I get a felony off my record

Customer Question

Can I get a felony off my record
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 2 months ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Are you online at this time?

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 2 months ago.

In what US state were you convicted of the felony? What was the crime and what was your sentence?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 2 months ago.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Nevada im currently on probation in Utah and it was my first crime it was felony theft the limit for a felony was 650$ and the amount I was convicted of was 700$ I was incarcerated and took a plea deal and plead guilty only because I have a one year old because technically I did not commit that crime but I was associated with it, I gave someone a old blank check they filled it out cashed it got scared and blamed it all on me took 700$ and gave the rest of the money back to the company my sentence was 3
Years probation but my officer is going to try and get me off at 18 month and
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
But being it's my first offense and they wouldn't even drop it I was told I could fight it when I'm off probation and get the felony amended I had no idea how much being a felon affected your life I was scrared and just wanted to get home to my daughter
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Oh And I'm on probation here in Utah as a out of state commerce
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 2 months ago.

Thank you.

Since this was a Nevada conviction, Nevada's laws apply, even though your probation is being served in Utah. Unfortunately, the state of Nevada has no provision in its laws for expungement, so that's not possible. In Las Vegas and Clark County, you may be eligible to get your offense sealed. You can read more about that here.

Otherwise, a pardon from the governor would be the only other way to minimize the effects of your conviction.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 2 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.