Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  associate attorney
84496330

I got my first minor in position last night. The officer

Customer Question

I got my first minor in position last night. The officer gave me a breathalyzer but i didn't blow through a straw I blew into a cone and it tested positive for alcohol in breath. He didn't give me a ticket. what could I be looking at in terms of charges?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. Thank you for your question and for using justanswer.com.

Nebraska treats violators who are 18 years old or younger harsher than those who are older than 18. Sentencing for offenders 18 years old or younger depends on the number of convictions an offender has and whether an offender has a driver’s license. Nebraska law sentences violators who are older than 18 years of age differently than violators younger than 18. Someone who is older than 18 years will face one or both of the following penalties: A fine of up to $500, and up to 3 months imprisonment. Neb. Rev. Stat. § 53-180.05.

First offense. A violator who is 18 years of age or younger, has a driver’s license, and is a first time violator will face any or all of the following penalties:

(1) A fine of up to $500

(2) Up to 3 months imprisonment

(3) Seizure of any driver’s license or permit for 30 days, and

(4) Participation in an alcohol education class.

If you did not get a ticket at the time, then it is unlikely that you will get one and be charged with something later.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will be greatly appreciated. See link for how to rate: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?

Was that the answer you were looking for? Please give me some feedback if not as I want to satisfy my customers. If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as this is the only way I will be compensated for my time by the site. See "rate an answer" on the following link for how to do so: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Thank you in advance.