Nisha Jones, Esq.
Nisha Jones, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Managing Attorney at a Law Firm

My son wants me to call channel 10 a local news Tht is

Customer Question

My son wants me to call channel 10 a local news Tht is making false accusations towards him. Greg, my son involved in this case. Greg wants them to do an interview w them to set the facts straight. Do u think it's a good idea for me to do this?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The question is as above
Expert:  Nisha Jones, Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Hello Patricia, just a reminder that this is for informational purposes only as we do not currently have an attorney-client relationship.

It depends. My first concern is that your son have an attorney that can advise him on what he should and should not say, since comments he makes on the news can possibly be used against him in court. It does sound like a good idea to do the interview, that way there's some media attention to his case, which may motivate the attorneys involved to make sure they do an excellent job and pressure them to investigate the violation of his rights; however as I said, I think he needs the help of an attorney in this to guide him in what he should and should not say.

Again, I hope that helps. Please don't forget to take a moment to rate me using the stars at the top of this page, as well as in our prior message thread, as it's the only way the site compensated me for my time (and it's free of charge to you to rate me). Thanks so much!

Hi! Just checking in to see if you have any more questions? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns. Please let me know, I'm here to help. Thanks!