P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including criminal law.

My life was threatened one month ago by a man who's final

Customer Question

My life was threatened one month ago by a man who's final words were, "I will see you later." I filed a police report. After some questioning on my own, it seems that the company could've taken action to keep this man out, who, as stated by one employee, "Has been a problem before."
Is there any action that I could take; he was watching illegal pornography on the private companies Wifi. I would hate for other wormen to get the same threat that I did. I have PTSD, now with increased depression.
Submitted: 30 days ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 29 days ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this? Are you asking if you can sue his employer?

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
I was not thinking that, but now that you suggest this it brings up that question. Can I?My question was initially whether they can prevent that man from using there store; to prevent other attacks on women. His tactics, as reviewed by my self-defense teacher, were very rehearsed and deliberate.

Thank...and sorry for the confusion....I was under the impression this person was an employee of this store. Hence the question.

To answer your question (can the store refuse to allow this man to return)? Yes...they can. Absolutely. If this person is creating a disturbance within the store? The store can demand he not return and can call police and request they prosecute for trespass if he does return

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.