Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I run a automotive shop and back in july i nstalled fromt

Customer Question

hi i run a automotive shop and back in july i nstalled fromt pads on a customer with all the proper documentation and signitures. she then proceeded to write me a check which i told we dont do but i would take it because she had no other means with her. needless to say check bounced due tio insff. funds. i filed a criminal case gaiainsy her in east wimdsor nj and she hired an attorney. meanwhile she never complained of services provided to main office nor did she response to calls on bad cneck. she only responded to the summons i sent her. my quetion is shhe will have to pay the bounced checked becaused thats the law. if she wants her money back for any other reason she has to take me to small clIMS COURT AM I ON THE RIGHT MINDSET HERE
JA: We have a 30 day refund policy so you can simply email***@******.*** and they will try to fix your problem or refund your money.
Customer: MO THANKS JUST THOUGHT YOU CAN GET AN ANSWER W/O HAVING TO PAY THX ANYWAY
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: NEW JERSEY
JA: Have you talked to a laywer yet?
Customer: NO IVE BEEN DOWN THIS ROAD BEFORE AND 99.9 THE JUDFE ORDERS HER TO PAY SINCE YOU CANT BOUNCE A CL IN NJ FOR INSUFF. FUNDS. ASAIN SHE NEVER COMPLAINED ABOUT WORK JUST VCAME IN GOT A BRAKE JOB BOUNCED A CHECK AND NEVER HEARD FROM HER AGAIN
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 months ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this?