Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

Thank you for Welcoming me. My family has been in the county

Customer Question

Thank you for Welcoming me. My family has been in the county jail for over a year now with NO evidence. How long can they be held like this?
JA: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?
Customer: Alabama.
JA: Have you talked to a laywer yet?
Customer: Yes, but it seems as if nothing is happening. the DA keeps moving the court date due to no evidence.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes They were arrested because a suspect "said" that they were there, since then the suspect had taken his statement back saying that he was forced to say such thing. The suspect that was arrested first had been beaten so bad in the head that I'm suprised that he is still functioning in Everyday Life.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 month ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Are you online at this time?

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 month ago.

I need more background to fully understand what is going on here.

Are you saying that some other suspect pointed the finger at your family member and then recanted. Did he recant his statement to the police and prosecutor? Was he alleged to have been beaten by your family member?

What is the charge for which your family member is facing? Has he been arraigned on the charges and has bail been set on him? Has he been indicted? Is he represented by counsel?

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 month ago.

Just checking in to see if you still need help. If so, please reply here on this question thread.