Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Can I be arrested from another state for a large unpaid fine

Customer Question

can I be arrested from another state for a large unpaid fine in my state, the fine is 17 yrs old but I heard law enforcement are rounding up folks in that county for old restitution cases
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: the state of Alabama 1999
JA: Have you talked to a laywer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I am a licensed attorney and look forward to helping you. I am reviewing your question and will reply back shortly.

I have reviewed the question, I just need some clarification -- when you say a fine, do you mean as part of a prior criminal sentence? Or from a traffic citation? Or was this a civil matter? What are the circumstances?

Did you still need assistance with your question? If so, could you please reply to my follow-up question with a response, so I can prepare an answer to you? Thank you very much.