Nisha Jones, Esq.
Nisha Jones, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Managing Attorney at a Law Firm

I went to my arraignment on Monday the 9/1*/20** and on my

Customer Question

Hi I went to my arraignment on Monday the 9/1*/20** and on my court paper they gave me they ticked not guilty and wrote next to it "to info" what does this mean Thank you

Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Nisha Jones, Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Good morning Anne, I am a Criminal Defense attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I'll be answering your questions today, please understand this is for informational purposes only, and we do not currently have an attorney-client relationship. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Usually criminal charges are filed against someone by a formal document known as an "Information". Since your paperwork from Arraignment said not guilty "to info", it just means that you plead not guilty to the alleged charges against you.

I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars as this is the only way experts are compensated for our time here on 'just answer'. It doesn't cost you anything to rate me, and we can still continue our conversation for free after. Thanks!

Hi! Just checking in to see if you have any more questions? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns. Please let me know, I'm here to help. Thanks!