RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  licensed attorney in criminjal law for 30 years
8534270

I live in Fl my mother is 88 and lives here and 6 months in

Customer Question

I live in Fl my mother is 88 and lives here and 6 months in NJ she returns in Nov, while I took her home and was at a dinner party I received a dui and the judge is s charging me with dui today as a plea, am I able to to get a hardship lice to drive my mother for her medical needs under any type of hardship case here in fl
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: nj dui fl drive lic
JA: Have you talked to a laywer yet?
Customer: i have a lawyer in nj
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no i have read on line dui will cause a problem
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 8 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Do you have a current Florida license and was the DUI here in NJ??

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
fl lice. and the plea deal to surrender lice for 7 months

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
current fl lice yes

Sorry here you go, it depends on what you blew here.

You may be eligible for a hardship license if this is your first DUI and you either blew over a .08 or you refused the breath test. If this is your first DUI and you blew over a .08, you can apply for a hardship license after 30 days of hard-time (no driving) after your temporary permit expires. People at the DMV typically call it “hard-time” which just means during that time you can not drive. You are not eligible for a hardship license during the “hard-time” no driving period. You must also enroll in the DUI school, and get a hand written copy of your driving record from the clerk’s office to take to the DMV and pay them $. If this is your first DUI and you refused the breath test, you can apply for a hardship license after 90 days of hard time (no driving) after your temporary permit expires. You must also enroll in the DUI school and get a hand written copy of your driving record from the clerk’s office to take to the DMV and pay them $$.

http://www.greytesh.com/faq/criminal-faq/driver-s-license-suspension-for-florida-dui/

Need a Florida lawyer to apply for hardship to get it as soon as you can under the law above.There is going to be a hard time where you cannot get a license of minimum 30 days here.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.I am sorry you are having to deal with this.Florida is real prickly about this.

Lawyer Referral Service Online - Available 24/7

Phone(###) ###-####br />Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

More you want to watch out they don't throw in interlock provisions..

http://www.jgcrimlaw.com/hardship-license-after-dui-conviction.html

Thanks again.If you can rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.