Nisha Jones, Esq.
Nisha Jones, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Managing Attorney at a Law Firm
93473422

My son is in jail in amador county CA. He is being charged

Customer Question

My son is in jail in amador county CA. He is being charged with a felony
JA: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?
Customer: California. the charge was threating some one. I'm not sure if he had a
JA: Have you talked to a laywer yet?
Customer: Public Defender.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Chris has some mental health problems. and jail is not going tohelp.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Nisha Jones, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Good afternoon, I am a Criminal Defense attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I'll be answering your questions today, please understand this is for informational purposes only, and we do not currently have an attorney-client relationship.

I'm sorry to hear that this happened. Can you give me a little more information about where in the legal process his case is now? Has he already attended his first court date?

If your son has mental health problems, this should be brought to the court's attention at his first court date. Many jurisdictions have specific mental health court hearings to handle the cases of those suffering from mental health issues. Their cases are handled a bit differently in mental health court, with a focus on placing them in treatment facilities, some of which are residential institutions, and the court and counselors monitor them for progress and rehabilitation.

I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars as this is the only way experts are compensated for our time here on 'just answer'. It doesn't cost you anything to rate me, and we can still continue our conversation for free after. Thanks!