Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.

I ve got a pink slip for disorderly conduct last nite, but

Customer Question

I ve got a pink slip for disorderly conduct last nite , but my name and date of birth is wrong , and there is no my address there or cell phone number , how do I proceed , it's in New York City
JA: In what state did this occur?
Customer: New York
JA: Have you talked to a laywer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 month ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Are you online at this time?

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 month ago.

The fact that your name and date of birth are wrong is probably going to be considered a typo unless the name was very different from your own. Your address and number don't have to be on the ticket.

This is a criminal violation. It has a maximum possible penalty of 15 days in jail and/or a $250 fine. It's the criminal court equivalent of a traffic ticket and not a crime. If you pled guilty to it, it would seal in a year by operation of law so long as you didn't get into any further trouble. But you could also go into court, plead not guilty and ask the judge for an ACD which is a conditional dismissal and would not involve your having to take any plea. In any case, if you fail to show up on your court date, a warrant will issue for your arrest.

You could probably get by without a lawyer, but it's always best to have one when you are facing criminal charges.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 month ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.