How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Stacy Adkins Your Own Question
Stacy Adkins
Stacy Adkins, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 158
Experience:  Law Clerk for 7 years
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Stacy Adkins is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Needed: a copy of the application of: La. Code o Criminal

Customer Question

Needed: a copy of the application of : La. Code o Criminal Procedures - La. State remedies Habeas Corpus
I did find the Federal form 16 pages, but the state application is needed. Please advise
where (or how) I can find this and print it for a person presently incarcerated in Franklin
Parish Detention Center. Thanks. Dee
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Stacy Adkins replied 8 months ago.

Hi, I'm Stacy. You're right, this is a tough one. Typically these forms are readily available to the general public, as they are in my home state. Let me dig a little further. In what county or Parrish is this conviction coming out of? You're right.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
JEFFERSON Parish La (Gretna Court) last day in Court: 8/29/2016)
Expert:  Stacy Adkins replied 8 months ago.

Ok, after doing a lot of digging, it appears as though all habeas writs, even those challenging state convictions, go through federal court in Louisiana. This is a little different than most states. This page specifically says to use Form 2254 to challenge convictions from state court.

I hope this answers your question! Please kindly leave a positive rating as this is the only way experts are compensated for their time on Just Answer.