Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

I'm 16 years old, will be 17 on Tuesday. My boyfriend just

Customer Question

Hi I'm 16 years old , will be 17 on Tuesday . My boyfriend just turned 18 on the 3rd of this month . Last month we had a really big fight to where he took my phone and when I tried to get it back he kept pushing me around and calling me names and getting in my face . I kept telling him to stop and he didn't so I told him I would call the police which I did but hung up before they could answer because I just wanted him to stop and to scare him a little . All I did was pull his hair because it made him stop for a sec but then he started pushing again and getting in my face . So eventually I grabbed a knife and told him to back up and I wasn't playing (I am very small compared to him) he took every phone in the house from me so that I couldn't call anyone and then that's when they police had arrived and we told them everything. Not once did I physically touch him besides grabbing his hair . & I am being charged with assault with a deadly weapon and domestic violence and they are saying he is the victim . but he doesn't wanna press charges and we are still together and that's out first fight ever like that . what can we do ?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 month ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Are you online at this time?

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 month ago.

When you are back on line, please tell me in what US state this incident occurred. Also tell me if the case is going to be handled in juvenile or adult court. Do you have a lawyer yet?

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 month ago.

Just checking in to see if you still need help. If so, please reply here on this question thread.