Nisha Jones, Esq.
Nisha Jones, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Managing Attorney at a Law Firm

My husband has a dwi in new York but has a Wisconsin CDL is

Customer Question

My husband has a dwi in new York but has a Wisconsin CDL is his license still good in Wisconsin
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Nisha Jones, Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Good evening, I am a Criminal Defense attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I'll be answering your questions today, please understand this is for informational purposes only and we do not currently have an attorney-client relationship. Please allow me just a few moments to prepare some information for you. Thanks!

It is quite possible that your husband's cdl may be suspended. According to Wisconsin state CDL laws, a DUI may result in a one year CDL suspension. This applies even if the DUI occurred in a personal family car, or out of state.

You can check the status of his CDL at It will provide you information about whether your license is valid, suspended, or revoked.

I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars as this is the only way experts are compensated for our time here on 'just answer'. It doesn't cost you anything to rate me, and we can still continue our conversation for free after. Thanks!

Hi! Just checking in to see if you have any more questions? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns. Please let me know, I'm here to help. Thanks!