Law Tutor, Esq.
Law Tutor, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  N/A

I had employ that worked for me just got off probation and

Customer Question

I had employ that worked for me just got off probation and forged my on my business checks he said nothing i can do about it is that true
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Tutor, Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. I am an attorney with over 20 years of experience and I look forward to assisting you today. I would be happy to provide general information regarding your question.

Are you online right now?

That is not true. He has committed forgery, which is usually punishable as a felony in West Virginia and he can face two to ten years in prison for some cases, but for this type of case, the judge has the discretion to impose a lesser penalty of up to one year in jail and a fine of up to $500, or both (W. Va. Ann. Code §§ 61-4-1, -2, -4, & -5.). Your previous employee may also be guilty of embezzlement. Embezzlement is a theft that occurs when someone is entrusted to manage someone else's money or property, steals the money for his personal gain. In West Virginia, embezzlement is punished according to the value or type of property stolen. (W.V. Ann. Code § 61-3-13.). You need to file a police report immediately and contact your local prosecutor's office for help. He should not be able to get away with this. I hope this helps. If you have any other questions, please let me know.

If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page) so that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me.

A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.