Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience

18 year old charged with felony damage not involved was

Customer Question

18 year old charged with felony damage not involved was elsewhere however trying to state conspiracy. Plea agreement is open felony until damage is paid. will felony remain on his record lifetime
JA: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?
Customer: Arizona
JA: Have you talked to a laywer yet?
Customer: we are just trying to find out if paid will record remain or will it be expunged or can it be expunged
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Open felony would be able to be removed from record by expungement if he finishes paying and the DA closes it by dismissing the charges. So. If he completes his agreement then the DA will close the case and dismiss it and he could then file a motion to expunge the record which would remove it from his viewable record.