Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.

I live in laguna niguel and sheriff investigators just

Customer Question

hi i live in laguna niguel and sheriff investigators just showed up wanting to see my son who is not here. they refused to say why or give me their phone number or anything. they had a printout with his picture and thumbprint may blown up pic of driver's license. don't know they refused to tell me anything. what does this mean/
JA: In what state did this occur?
Customer: orange county CA
JA: Have you talked to a laywer yet?
Customer: no because it's night time . I am terrified. I don't know who to call. It' s 8 pm here.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
You just took my card. When will I get my answer??? Is this a legit site?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 month ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Are you online at this time?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 month ago.

What this almost certainly means is that your son is the suspect of or a witness to a crime and they want to talk to him. They don't have to tell you what it's about.

What did they ask you to do as they left?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
They asked me
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 month ago.

Asked you what? Your payment for the phone call failed and customer service will have to sort that out.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
they asked me about his address and phone number i refused to answer and shut the door in their face. they lurked outside waiting for him but i think they finally left
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
your service said they would only charge me $5 but they charged me $36
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Please provide me more answers
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 month ago.

You'd have to sort that out with customer service. I have no control over billing issues.

What you have to be concerned with is yourself. If you are hiding your son and protecting him from the law you can potentially be charged with a crime for that.

As for your son, if you do know his whereabouts you should tell him that the police are looking for him, so that he can get himself a criminal lawyer who can deal with the police if necessary. If he does nothing, they will be back. Again and again until they find him.