Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I am being charged with 1 count of identity theft, 6 counts

Customer Question

I am being charged with 1 count of identity theft, 6 counts of forgery writing, 1 count of larceny. I am innocent but the police say my I.p. address was used to open an account and a photo of me claiming its me in someone's else account at the ATM but I know for a fact I never used nobody card at the atm and I think the police are lying to me to get me to confess to something I didn't do. I'm trying to figure out what I should do. If my IP address was used then it could of been anyone using my Internet but the photos at the ATM got me wondering if they are using an photo of me at the ATM and claiming that I'm in someone's account other than mine. I just need advice on what I should do. I have never been in trouble and I'm afraid that I may go to jail for something someone else did.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 2 months ago.

Good morning. I am sorry to hear about what you are going through. Just to be clear, the police are questioning you or have formal charges been filed with the State? If charges have been filed, have you appeared in court yet?