Hammer O'Justice
Hammer O'Justice, Criminal Lawyer
Experience:  Almost 12 years of legal experience, primarily in criminal law

I feel asthough a huge injustice as been done concerning my

Customer Question

Hello I feel asthough a huge injustice as been done concerning my driving license. I am a resident of Howard county indiana I too am considered a habitual traffic violator for infractions and driving while suspended for a license i never received . I failed to pay tickets for no insurance although no vihicle i was ever pulled over in belonged to me or was registered to me. The officers here know me so thats their probable cause to pull me over even if im obeying all the traffic laws. What can i do to get my license reinstated on a probationary status or something.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Hammer O'Justice replied 1 month ago.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Once you are suspended as a habitual traffic violator, there is no real way to get the suspension lifted early. If you didn't do anything about the tickets at the time, such as challenge them in court, they go on your record and you are stuck with them, unfortunately. However, you may be able to get a hardship license (aka specialized driving privileges), which would allow you to drive to and from a job. To apply for the specialized driving privileges, you will have to petition your local court. The instructions are in the law (scroll down to 9-30-16-4):

You have to file it in the superior or circuit court where you live. I would suggest contacting the clerk of court to see if they have an application so you don't have to create one yourself. Most courts do have pre-printed applications for this type of petition.

Hope this helps!