Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

Our son, a heroin addict, stole my car. I reported it and it

Customer Question

Our son, a heroin addict, stole my car. I reported it and it became a pending felony. Subsequently, last Friday nite an officer approached me and asked if I had seen Ian. I told him that Ian had been in our home (to detox) and had left. He told me I could be arrested for harboring a fugitive. Today, I received a phone call from our other son, Ben, who said Ian is at his house and would I be calling the police.
JA: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?
Customer: MN. Ian was charged with taking a vehicle without consent and has left two diversion programs and missed a court date. He has a bench warrant out for him.
JA: Have you talked to a laywer yet?
Customer: No recently.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: God, isn't that enough? I just got a report from my oncologist that I am free of lung cancer. I'm 71.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Nisha Jones, Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Good afternoon, I am a Criminal Defense attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I'm sorry to hear that this is happening. I'll be answering your questions today, please understand this is for informational purposes only, and we do not currently have an attorney-client relationship. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Are you still there, Nisha?