Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

My daughter was 17 at time of incident. her bf whom she has

Customer Question

my daughter was 17 at time of incident. her bf whom she has dated for 10 months and both attend same college was arrested for domestic battery, he was aressted and now is awaiting court date. there is a restraining order at this time. his court date is oct 4. does it matter that she was 17 at the time? she turned 18 the next day,also if i have evidence that he has contacted her and i report it to police can he seek revenge and say she battered him in the past? there is no evidence of this.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

How old was the boyfriend at the time of the incident?

Is your daughter is 18 now and is your daughter willing to report the violation of the restraining order by the b/f?

Please clarify.

Thank you.