Legal-Kal
Legal-Kal, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney at Law Offices of Khaled Issa
90630425

My son, who is 20 years old, had in his truck a pistol that

Customer Question

My son, who is 20 years old, had in his truck a pistol that he bought from a friend, one morning he was on his way to work when he was pulled over and the officer saw the handle sticking out and arrested him. He has no prior offenses or convictions and was always told you had to be at least 18 and under the shield Law you were allowed to carry. we have court in the morning and I'm not sure what we should do.
Thank you,
his mom
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 2 months ago.

Good evening Jennifer:

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to provide general information regarding your question. I understand that you may be going through a difficult time and it is my hope that the general information provided here can be of help.

Just to be clear, as it is important, I want to make sure that what you stated in your question (that the weapon was a "pistol"). Would this be correct (i.e., it was a pistol and not a long gun)?

Also, do you happen to know the exact charge pending?

Please remember to click accept and rate the assistance provided as that is the only way experts can be credited.