Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I had never been inm any trouble before a disagreement

Customer Question

I had never been inm any trouble before a disagreement between my mother step dad which my step father said I hit him. his marks where on his right side which is the side my mother was on and I was on his left. my mother was coming at me and my oldest younger brother from my left. my step dad was to my right when they say I hit him. he twisted my right hand around straightened my arm and was hurting me. then grabbed my left arm and had my arm bar like I am pretty sure I scratched him trying to get him to let go of me. all I could do was barely move my fingers only. I was arrested for assault causing bodily injury family violence. my court appointed lawyer only talks to me right before he consults at court.... he keeps telling me this is what they offered. I don't want to take a deal and plead guilty to something I didn't do. what can I do to get more help. I am limited on funds trying to grow my business have an 8 yr old child and well really don't have funds at all.
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: texas and ju** *1 2*** @ 1210 I was taken in
JA: Have you talked to a laywer yet?
Customer: I have a court appointed lawyer. but other than that I have spoken to one but do not have 2000 dollars to hire
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i just need help with what to do i guess
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Nisha Jones, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Good evening, first I wanted to say sorry to hear this has happened to you! I am a Criminal Defense attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I'll be answering your questions today, please understand this is for informational purposes only, and we do not currently have an attorney-client relationship. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!