Nisha Jones, Esq.
Nisha Jones, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Managing Attorney at a Law Firm

I am applying for a pharmacy intern license, and ni need to

Customer Question

hi, so i am applying for a pharmacy intern license, and ni need to submit a letter explaining any felony or misdemeanor charges. I was charge with both in 2011, but they both got dismissed. how do i go about this?
JA: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?
Customer: massachusetts
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: the felony charge was false mv insurance claim. The misdemeanor charges were attempt to commit crime, leaving scene of property damage
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i've ad no run ins with the law since then
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Nisha Jones, Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Good afternoon, I am a Criminal Defense attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I'll be answering your questions today, please understand this is for informational purposes only, and we do not currently have an attorney-client relationship. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for your patience, just preparing some information for you, I'll be sending it in just a few moments, thanks!

It is possible that the dismissed charges may still show up on a background check, albeit their status will show "dismissed". So I think it's a good idea that you are preemptively writing a letter to explain this.

My suggestion would be to highlight the fact that these charges were dismissed and exactly what that means-- that there was not enough evidence for a conviction, or even a plea agreement, because you were innocent, and the allegations were false.

You may also want to include any relevant information explaining how or why the false allegations arose, and the specific facts on how they were disproved and shown to be false.

I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars as this is the only way experts are compensated for our time here on 'just answer'. It doesn't cost you anything to rate me, and we can still continue our conversation for free after. It's very important that you give me a positive rating for your deposit to be released and for me to be paid. (If you don’t, the site keeps your deposit). Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i ended up paying some fee though, to have the felony charge dismissed.

That's okay, it was most likely court costs, and the charge was still dismissed in the end. You could also consider including copies of the final disposition of each of your cases to show that they were dismissed.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
in the letter do i still say that the charges were false and that i was innocent?

Yes if that is the case, that would be my recommendation, and I recommend giving a little but more "back story" explaining some of the facts that maybe led to the misunderstanding and/or the dismissal of your case; that way the board will have some insight into what happened, and how it got cleared up (along with having the formal documentation in their hands of the official case dismissals).

I hope that helps! Please take a moment to rate me using the stars (it's the only way I'm compensated for my time and a positive rating is the only way the site will release your deposit back to you), we can still continue our conversation after. Thanks!

Hi! Just checking in to see if you have any more questions? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns. Please let me know, I'm here to help. Thanks!