Nisha Jones, Esq.
Nisha Jones, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Managing Attorney at a Law Firm
93473422

Will a military police charge with NO court martial

Customer Question

Will a military police charge with NO court martial conviction show up on a background check ?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Nisha Jones, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Good afternoon, I am a Criminal Defense and Immigration Law attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I'll be answering your questions today, please understand this is for informational purposes only, and we do not currently have an attorney-client relationship. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Military charges will not usually show up on a general background check. Military databases and the information they contain are accessible to government institutions only. That being said, I have also sometimes seen certain military charges show up on a federal background check. In other words, I think it depends on the job you're applying for/ the agency conducting the background check. If the background check is being run by a federal or government entity, then it is quite possible that the military police charge may show up. If however, it's not being run by a federal entity, you should not expect to see it show up on the background check.

I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars as this is the only way experts are compensated for our time here on 'just answer'. It doesn't cost you anything to rate me, and we can still continue our conversation for free after. It's very important that you give me a positive rating for your deposit to be released and for me to be paid. (If you don’t, the site keeps your deposit). Thanks!

Hi! Just checking in to see if you have any more questions? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns. Please let me know, I'm here to help. Thanks!