Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

What is a pre trial/trial docket

Customer Question

What is a pre trial/trial docket
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 5 months ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Are you online at this time?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Yed
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 5 months ago.

The docket is just the court calendar.

If your case is assigned to a pre-trial docket, all the cases on the calendar are there for pre trial matters, such as plea negotiations, discovery, motions and such. If your case is assigned to a trial calendar, there's a real possibility that your case could go forward with trial.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 5 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I was just surprised my son has a brain tumor he had a competency hearing less than a month ago and she told him that would delay things about 90 days. I assume now he's not incompetent haven't called his lawyer yet
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 5 months ago.

Maybe, maybe not. The case could be on the pretrial calendar simply for the judge to be updated on the status of your son's health. His lawyer would know for sure.

Please take the time to rate my service to you before leaving the site as that is the only way that I can get credit for my work.