CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  9+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.

I was charged w poss of marijuana in 1981 a misdemeanor. Now

Customer Question

I was charged w poss of marijuana in 1981 a misdemeanor. Now an Maryland application from a Md agency has a question if I ever was charged with a misdemeanor. This wa 35 yrs sgo
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 1 month ago.

Good morning. If the application is asking if you have ever been charged, you would need to answer Yes. It is not asking about the outcome of the case or giving a time frame / look back period. It is a broad and general question regarding a charge itself and if you were charged with a misdemeanor and that is specifically what they are asking about, you would need to answer Yes. Of course, that is at your discretion on how you want to respond, since if you answer No and they find out about this, it could result in the denial of your application to the agency.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!