Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My cousin is an 30 year combat retired vetran. 52 years old.

Customer Question

My cousin is an 30 year combat retired vetran. 52 years old. He suffers with P.T.S.D. He is exstreamly moody with a short fuse. He needs to be an inpatient at the V.A. mental health hospital. But he is afraid to go. So my self and my 23 year old daughter helps him out with his daily needs. On 9/2/16 my daughter and my self played a trick on him because we thought he would stop and relax like us and not be so aggressive towards us and go to the hospital if he thought we didn't want him around. But we were the ones on this day were to be taught the lesson. We sent him to the store and asked him to bring back items. when he got backed all of his things were placed out side the front door. He picked them up and left. 5mins latter the Phoenix Police came and knocked on the window so hard we thought it would give in. But we ere to scared to open the door. So he the officer left. 30 mins latter we heard the back door kicked forced open like it was a raid. The cousin said that the police told him that if he kicked the door open nothing wold happen. I picked up the laundry basket and repeatedly hit my cousin for damaging the leased apartment door. My daughter was standing near the front door with it open telling him get out and i aggreed. She dialed 911 with her other hand and exsplaind what he just did and that we were afraid of him at this point. So he went from the back door to the front door, back out the front door because there was one thing else of his that he wanted then he would go and leave us alone. So i locked the see through security door and just as soon as it was locked the officer that came earlier was at my frount door again. And i quickley told him that he was wrong to tell my cousin to kick in the door. My cousin had a very small abrasion on his arm. And the police asked him if some one cut him with a knife? And he said real quick he cut him self by sticking his arm through a hole in the security door of the back door to unlock it and then kicked in the back door. But no this cop painted a totally horrific picture for his partners to feed off of. I un-locked the front door so the now two officers could see who they were talking to. I could not communicate at all with the first responding officer for nothing. So i turned my my attention to the second responding officer. He seamed mild in-temperment. So i gave him my full attention. I told him that i had an on going camera that would only show what was happening from the front door. He wanted to come inside alone and check it out the footage. I'm in my bedroom when i hear my daughter screaming momma help i wasnt doing nothing videoing the police when i noticed 5 of them jumped her for her cell phone. When i got to her she was being twisted like a prezzel for her cell phone. I dove under them to help pull her out when an officer came at me from behind pulling my grip off my daughters leg. Then this officer falls on top of me because she losses her balance. They charged me with aggrivated assult on my cousin and aggrivated assult of the officer. They charged my daughter risisting arrest and aggrivating assult on an officer. And all she was doing was holding on to the video footage for dear life and not standing to close to the officers that didnt have a warrant to flip my kitchen. My cousin is standing there looking confused because the officers were threatening him to take him in to jail for not willingly helping them press wrongful charges. And he told me when i got back home yesturday that they were using fowl language towards him through out the whole ordeal' My charges were never filed so i was released. My daughter was able to be released on an anckle monitor, but was told that she could not come back home to the scene of the crime. Her victims were the phoenix police and not my cousin. Who refuses to press charges of something that not happen to him. They needed him to lie and he refused to do that. My daughter is in a world of trouble, and she tearfully wants to come back home. From what im able to share vividly is there anything that the police did wrong that will help her win her case reguardless as to what they conspired. I believe there is somthing about the law that will squash this case like it did for me. Her second appearance is on the 16th of the month. This is when she will meet her court appointed lawyer for the first time. I am no longer her co-defindant be cause i was released and my case was never filed. I want to bring her home on the 16th from court. She is living homless and scared to death. When i checked my computer video it shows my daughter willingly and on her free will walking with the arresting officers.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Do you have a legal question that I can answer for you about the situation you have described in your post?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
phoenix The police do not always know the law. On this day I feel that they didn't care if they disregarded the law because they all huddled close and secretive. They were trying very hard to working us against each other. We now know we were never going to see one another ever again. They needed a weapon bad out of that kitchen. We don't keep knives in the house (sharp butter knifes only) But they could not find one and you should have seen how mad that made them. my daughter just text in her question : I'm am being charged of assault on two officers. I never touched and 2 counts of resisting arrest, I don't commit every thing is on my phone because I recorded due to my mother and cousin fighting I dialed 911 while they were in my home they tried to search without a warrant I proceeded to tell them there interfering with my rights, so I told them to remove there men out of my home with out warrant doing so they arrested me how do I fight my case the first hearing? And what do I need to say to enter back into the home since there are no victims residing there put it is considered the place of an alleged crime.

I am sorry but I cannot review any documents / videos for JustAnswer.com customers.

I will opt-out of your question at no charge to you and will open your question up to other legal professionals to review.

I wish you the best of luck!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I was on this site last month and my questions and added files were excepted, and I won my dog bite case. Thank You lawyers
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Colleen Grady
Criminal Lawyer
There is a section of AZ law that requires a 6 foot tether. This is for an animal who is quarantined for rabies. Here is the law:
§ 11-1012. Dogs not permitted at large; wearing licenses
A. Neither a female dog during her breeding or mating season nor a vicious dog shall be permitted at large.
B. In a rabies quarantine area, no dogs shall be permitted at large. Each dog shall be confined within an enclosure on the owner's property, secured so that the dog is confined entirely to the owner's property, or on a leash not to exceed six feet in length and directly under the owner's control when not on the owner's property.
C . Any dog over the age of three months running at large shall wear a collar or harness to which is attached a valid license tag. Dogs that are used for control of livestock, being used or trained for hunting or dogs, being exhibited or trained at a kennel club event or engaged in races approved by the Arizona racing commission, and while the dogs are being transported to and from such events, need not wear a collar or harness with a valid license attached provided that they are properly vaccinated, licensed and controlled.
D. No person in charge of any dog shall permit such dog in a public park or upon any public school property unless the dog is physically restrained by a leash, enclosed in a car, cage or similar enclosure or being exhibited or trained at a recognized kennel club event, public school or park sponsored event.
12 August 2016 01:39
I AM IN MARICOPA COUNTY
tictet.png
12 August 2016 01:39
Colleen Grady
Criminal Lawyer
Thanks. This help me
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Consumer Protection Lawyer
Thank you for your reply.Honestly, it is not as complex as your details above are really making it seem you think it is. All you need is to go to the town or county clerk where they keep the land records, NOT TO THE HOUSING OFFICE, and get a copy of your actual deed. Your deed to your property will not only have a description of the property, it will also have a survey map drawn of your property and that will prove your carport is on your property. All of the other things you added above really are unnecessary, the deed with the survey map that is attached to it is all you need.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Your deed to your property will not only have a description of the property, it will also have a survey map drawn of your property and that will prove your carport is on your property.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Something like uck? muck, buck, chuck o yea luck
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
How can I rate my expert?If you hire an expert in order to receive services by email, you will be given the option to leave a rating after you confirm the session invoice. Likewise, if you hire an expert during Live chat, you will be given the option to leave a rating as soon as the session ends.If you had a Live chat or email session with an expert and did not leave a rating after the session ended, you can rate the expert for up to 30 days following the sessions.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
IM GOING TO GET THEM ALL FOR WHAT THEY DID..........AZ Prison Watch BLOG POSTS:Sunday, September 19, 2010
For Lasasha Cherry and her Heroes...Sasha was the 23 year old woman from Coolidge who ended the pain of this leg of her journey in the custody of the Arizona Department of Corrections on September 6, 2010. According to records from the ADC she had been sentenced there in July 2009, and would have been released within another month or two, had she lived.She was housed on Lumley at Perryville, where the maximum security yard is, which is where Marcia Powell (killed when locked in an outdoor cage in 2009) and Geshell Fernandez (the only other woman in ADC custody who appears to have committed suicide this year) resided at the time of their deaths.Based on minutes retrieved from the Maricopa County Superior Court, Sasha was originally given 10 years probation under an agreement with the Comprehensive Mental Health Probation Court. Her records pertaining to her competency remain sealed, but it appears that she struggle with both a substance abuse disorder and psychiatric disability, and was to be placed in a 24-hour dual diagnosis treatment program through Magellan once she was put on probation.I don't know what happened with those plans, but Sasha apparently violated probation when charged with a new crime within six weeks, and was consequently sent to prison. Sasha's final sentence took all of six minutes to impose. That was after a process lasting more than a year from the time she was charged with her original crime, during which period it appears she was in MCSO custody (presumably in chemical restraints) where she had to undergo mental health treatment and several rounds of competency exams before being allowed to enter a guilty plea.In light of that, I suspect that Sasha must have been pretty impaired when first charged. My guess is that the court's primary concern was for her ability to care for her young child, though, if she wasn't institutionalized or successfully engaged in a recovery program. We've got to come up with something more responsible than prison terms for dually disabled moms.I tried to find out more about who Sasha was this week, other than what the courts had to say, but haven't heard from anyone who knew her, and couldn't afford to subscribe to the paper that lists her obituary. I did, however, find her Myspace page. There's only a page on her interests and some photos there - it hadn't been updated since 2007. But you can see the little boy she adored, Malachi, who was born that spring. Her mother's astonishingly beautiful artwork is there, too, as are a handful of photos of herself, her and Malachi, and her child's father. She shared a lot of herself in that very small space, perhaps the most telling things being that she liked movies that made you think, was a proud parent, and that her heroes "are people that stand by your side no matter what and grab (you) when they see (you) slipen."Sasha seems to have wanted to do right by her kid, but struggled to because of her disabilities. The last statement of hers, though,suggests that she had some pretty important heroes in her life, who had been there for her many times before. To Sasha's heroes (you know who you are), I'd like to say that I'm sorry for what you're no doubt going through right now. No matter how strong or faithful or courageous one is, sometimes it's just not possible to save those we love from addiction, depression and despair - especially when they are physically out of reach.I don't know if Sasha received any treatment in prison or what compelled her to take her own life so close to release, though I can certainly empathize with the desperate feeling that one is slipping hopelessly into inescapable pain. I know what it is to long for freedom, and that the most important kind has nothing to do with other people's chains. Most of all, though, I know how it feels to survive a loved one's suicide, so my heart especially goes out those she left behind. I can't imagine the grief that her mother must feel, however, or the confusion and loss her child will struggle through.I borrowed the photo above from Sasha's Myspace album, since the only other material we had on her life and death were from the ADC. With her mother's permission, I'd like to post the artwork of hers that Sasha so admired. I try to help people understand who ends up in prison in America and how, but I think it's important for visitors here to see more than just prisoner's mugshots and criminal histories, especially when they pass away. They are more than just numbers to be counted three times a day.Anyone who wants to share more about this young woman's life is welcome to contact me at***@******.***.Posted by Margaret Jean Plews at 8:56 PMEmail ThisBlogThis!Share to TwitterShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Labels: ADC, arizona department of correct
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
IM GOING TO GET THEM ALL FOR WHAT THEY DID..... AND I HAVE PLENTY OF MONEY
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
MERRY-CHRISTMAS MY DAUGHTER DONT R.I.P,) THIS IS VERY WELL KNOWN MOTHER TO LASASHA MICHELLE CHERRY. THE YEAR I WAS SENT TO PRISON FOR SHOTTING A WHITE NEWS REPORTER WITH A RIFLE 25 METERS. SHE DESERVED IT, HAD THIS BEEN TEXAS YOU CAN GET AWAY WITH THAT TO. IT WAS A PLANNED COMMUNITY TORT, THERE WAS TONS OF PAINTING THAT EVERY ONE KNEW ABOUT BUT WOULD NOT SELL. THE ARRESTING OFFICER DRAGGED ME WERE NO ONE COLD SEE WHAT HE WAS DOING TO ME BACK BEHIND A WHITE NET CURTIN. BUT MY DOG WAS TIED UP AND HE TRIED TO HELP ME. THIS COP DID THE SAME THING BRAG ABOUT WHAT HE DID TO ME. HE GOT BEHIND ME ONLY BECAUSE I WASNT RESISTING PUSH ME DOWN FACE FIRST INTO THE CONCREAT HAND CUFFED ME FROM BEHIND WITH HIS KNEE IN MY LUNGS, SO THAT I COULD NOT SCREAM. NEXT HE PUNCHED ME WITH HIS RIGHT FIST. AND LOSEN MY FRONT TOOTH. I LIKED WHAT HE WAS DOING..... I SPIT OUT THE BLOOD AND LOLD HE PUNCH LIKE A B_ _ TH , SO HE PULLED OUT THE TAZER, I JUST LOVE THAT 2, HE HELD IT THERE (COUNT 2 TWENTY-NINE) AN ANGEL A MALE POLICE OFFICER (NOT THE OFFICER HE CAME WITH)HAD TO DRAGGED ME AWAY FROM THAT THING.I WAS TAKEN TO THE HOSPITAL TO BE PACKED IN ICE, FOR MY HALVE DEAD BODY. THE HOSPITAL DID NOT CHECK TO SEE IF I WAS ON DRUGS THATS WHAT THAT COP SAID IN HIS REPORT I READ THE REPORT AND SAW THE PHOTO'S OF MY PORCH/ART STUDIO, THING WERE PURPOSE-LY TOSSED HOW AND WHY WOULD HE LIED AND TOSS MY PLACE ON THE FIRST OF THE MONTH. NEVER EVER TRUST A GOOD COP OR YOU WILL DIE! I HAVE A LOTS OF REAL TRUTHFUL UN-REPORTED BEATING AND LIE'S THAT OFFICER OF THE LAW SAT INFRONT OF DUMB LAZY JUDGES THOUGHT WERE TRUTHS JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE AFRAID NOT TO. COPS AND CORRECTIONAL OFFICERS ARE GANG BANGERS. LOOK AT THERE ARMS..... NO DONT DO THAT, KEEP PRETENDING YOU DIDN'T SEE NOTHING, NOTHING. THEY KNOW I WILL TELL THE TRUTH EVEN WHEN I AM IN THE WRONG. I DIDNT DESERVE AN (F) FOUR TIMES THE YEAR MY DAUGHTER WAS ALIVE. AN HISPANIC GUARD TOLD ME OF ONE PERTICULAR INCEDENT OF A BEATING THAT MY 80/LB DAUGHTER WAS SUBJECTED TO,IT BROUGHT ME DOWN TO MY KNEE'S AND STARTED CRYING UNCONTROLLING MAKING ME SICK. I TO AM A VICTIM WHAT WE SUFFERED TO, TO MANY BEATINGS BY COPS AND CORRECTIONAL JAIL OFFICERS.MANY OF THE BEATING CONTRIBUTTED TO MY BEING MARKED AS (S.M.I)THEY MURDERED MY SON LYNDELL KENDRICK CHERRY TO FOR TRYING TO HIRE A VERY GOOD LAWYER. THEY KNEW WHAT HE WAS PLANNING TO GET A QUARTER OF AN MILLION TO CATCH THAT LIER THAT HELD MY DAUGHTER UP AGAINST THE WALL (LASASHA) ALL I CAN DO IS ROCK BACK AND FORTH. I THINK MY MOTHER IS NEXT. SHE IS 80 YEARS OLD. THIS YEAR 2015 THEY WENT AFTER ALL MY GRAND CHILDREN. I CANT PROTECT THE ONES THE STAT HAVE. BUT ONE OF THE CARE GIVERS HELD A PILLOW TO MY GRAND SONS FACE AND HE COMPLETLY STOP BREATHING. HOW CAN I PROTECT THEM HOW HOW
December 25, 2015 at 4:46 AM
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Phoenix man takes keys out of serial bank robbers' getaway car, fatally shoots one thief: police
Tweet

email
 Police arrested bank robbery suspect Vincent Jones after a local businessman shot and killed his thieving partner, cops said.
Police arrested bank robbery suspect Vincent Jones after a local businessman shot and killed his thieving partner, cops said. (Maricopa County Sheriff's Office)BY Meg Wagner follow
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS Saturday, October 18, 2014, 3:54 PMA Phoenix businessman squashed two serial bank robbers' latest heist when he took the keys out of their getaway car and fatally shot one of the would-be raiders, police said.Lyndell Cherry, 29, died at the scene Wednesday while his partner in crime, 21-year-old Vincent Jones, fled. He was arrested shortly after his escape and told police the duo were involved in a slew of previous bank robberies, the Arizona Republic reported.The chaotic crime started around 2 p.m. when Cherry and Jones barged into Desert Schools Federal Credit Union and demanded money.The two armed men left their car parked outside with the key still in the ignition, police said.During the stick up, a credit union worker was able to call Sean Quaid, who owns a shop next door to the bank, and tell him what was going on. He grabbed his gun, ran outside, spotted the car and took the keys out of it, police said.Cherry and Jones ran back to their car ready to drive away. But when they couldn't find the key, they went back into the bank to look for it. They searched the building and even dug through a woman's purse, believing she might have stolen it, police said.Frustrated, they ran back outside and stole a 2001 Chevy Silverado truck, whose driver had just gotten out. They pointed a gun at him and demanded his keys.That's when Quaid decided to use his own weapon to stop the madness.The Phoenix businessman pointed his gun at Cherry. Fearing the armed robber would fire back, he shot the 29-year-old. Cherry later died from his wounds at a nearby hospital.Meanwhile, Jones jumped into the stolen getaway truck and sped off.During the manic getaway, he hit several cars in the parking lot before he got onto the road.The robbers barged into Desert Schools Federal Credit Union and demanded money WednesdayWhen they got back to their getaway car, their keys were missing, so they stole a truck in the parking lot.Police said Jones hit several cars in the lot before fleeing the scene.Police finally arrested Jones after he slammed into a minivan and tried to run away on foot.
1 | 4The robbers barged into Desert Schools Federal Credit Union and demanded money Wednesday
(azcentral.com) 
Then he blew through a red light and plowed into a minivan, sending both of the cars flying into a brick wall, police said.He got out of the car and started running, but police quickly tracked him down.Other than Cherry, no one was hurt during the robbery or the attempted getaway.Jones was booked on a slew of charges, including first-degree murder for Cherry's death.He told police he and his partner had been involved in previous bank robberies. Police are investigating those claims.ON A MOBILE DEVICE? WATCH VIDEO HERE.Send a Letter to the Editor
Join the Conversation:
Tweet
by TaboolaSponsored LinksPROMOTED STORIES
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
SCARED GO TO CHURCH. OR HELP PROTECT THIS CHERRY & WHITE FAMILY
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
THIS IS THE LADY YOU ROBBED YESTURDAY $45.00 YOU DID NOT REFUND MY CASH. I NEEDED THAT QUESTION ANSWERED
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My cousin is an 30 year combat retired vetran. 52 years old. He suffers with P.T.S.D. He is exstreamly moody with a short fuse. He needs to be an inpatient at the V.A. mental health hospital. But he is afraid to go. So my self and my 23 year old daughter helps him out with his daily needs. On 9/2/16my daughter and my self played a trick on him because we thought he would stop and relax like us and not be so aggressive towards us and go to the hospital if he thought we didn't want him around. But we were the ones on this day were to be taught the lesson. We sent him to the store and asked him to bring back items. when he got backed all of his things were placed out side the front door. He picked them up and left. 5mins latter the Phoenix Police came and knocked on the window so hard we thought it would give in. But we ere to scared to open the door. So he the officer left. 30 mins latter we heard the back door kicked forced open like it was a raid. The cousin said that the police told him that if he kicked the door open nothing wold happen. I picked up the laundry basket and repeatedly hit my cousin for damaging the leased apartment door. My daughter was standing near the front door with it open telling him get out and i aggreed. She dialed 911 with her other hand and exsplaind what he just did and that we were afraid of him at this point. So he went from the back door to the front door, back out the front door because there was one thing else of his that he wanted then he would go and leave us alone. So i locked the see through security door and just as soon as it was locked the officer that came earlier was at my frount door again. And i quickley told him that he was wrong to tell my cousin to kick in the door. My cousin had a very small abrasion on his arm. And the police asked him if some one cut him with a knife? And he said real quick he cut him self by sticking his arm through a hole in the security door of the back door to unlock it and then kicked in the back door. But no this cop painted a totally horrific picture for his partners to feed off of. I un-locked the front door so the now two officers could see who they were talking to. I could not communicate at all with the first responding officer for nothing. So i turned my my attention to the second responding officer. He seamed mild in-temperment. So i gave him my full attention. I told him that i had an on going camera that would only show what was happening from the front door. He wanted to come inside alone and check it out the footage. I'm in my bedroom when i hear my daughter screaming momma help i wasnt doing nothing videoing the police when i noticed 5 of them jumped her for her cell phone. When i got to her she was being twisted like a prezzel for her cell phone. I dove under them to help pull her out when an officer came at me from behind pulling my grip off my daughters leg. Then this officer falls on top of me because she losses her balance. They charged me with aggrivated assult on my cousin and aggrivated assult of the officer. They charged my daughter risisting arrest and aggrivating assult on an officer. And all she was doing was holding on to the video footage for dear life and not standing to close to the officers that didnt have a warrant to flip my kitchen. My cousin is standing there looking confused because the officers were threatening him to take him in to jail for not willingly helping them press wrongful charges. And he told me when i got back home yesturday that they were using fowl language towards him through out the whole ordeal' My charges were never filed so i was released. My daughter was able to be released on an anckle monitor, but was told that she could not come back home to the scene of the crime. Her victims were the phoenix police and not my cousin. Who refuses to press charges of something that not happen to him. They needed him to lie and he refused to do that. My daughter is in a world of trouble, and she tearfully wants to come back home. From what im able to share vividly is there anything that the police did wrong that will help her win her case reguardless as to what they conspired. I believe there is somthing about the law that will squash this case like it did for me. Her second appearance is on the 16th of the month. This is when she will meet her court appointed lawyer for the first time. I am no longer her co-defindant be cause i was released and my case was never filed. I want to bring her home on the 16th from court. She is living homless and scared to death. When i checked my computer video it shows my daughter willingly and on her free will walking with the arresting officers.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.