Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

You have completely missed the point.If ingestion is

Customer Question

you have completely missed the point.If ingestion is illegal,why are methadone addicts allowed to drive off the lot.They are breaking the law by ingesting the methadone, according to you,irregardless of an accident they are breaking the law.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 months ago.
Sir, I thought we were done, you have opted me out of the other question and given negative feedback. Either opt me in back there and we can continue or some other expert can take your question. I have told you the laws, I cannot help they are unfair and you are now arguing police policy and discretion with me. I agree with you they are breaking the law, just like you broke the law, but it is police discretion as to whether or not to stop them and at the end of the day your situation is still the same and I AGREE with you about it being unfair, but my opinion does not change what the FL legislature did nor that police have discretion as to who to pull over and if they believe someone is impaired then they have the discretion to pull them over.
I wish I could tell you something to make you feel better, but as I said before, clients come into my office and yell at me and blame me about the law all the time, I can't change it nor can I tell you that you can bring an action that the judge has no control over either.
Unless you click on "Opt in" on the other question you will not get an answer.
But you are the one assuming I only said accident, that is you, not me and do not put those words into my mouth. Again, you are arguing police discretion and let me clue you in a bit, I spent 20 years with a major police department, then another 10+ prosecuting and then defending DUI cases. I also have been a DUI intoxilyzer instructor, as well as a field sobriety instructor and horizontal gaze nystagmus instructor, so I know more about the ins and outs of DUI cases than many prosecutors and defense attorneys.
Again, I will not argue police discretion with you, which is where you are heading because it has zero bearing on your case being convicted of DUI for being impaired on valium.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
YOUR ARROGANCE IS SHOWING.THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH POLICE DISCRETION.YOUR ANSWER WAS CONDESCENDING AND EVASIVE.
Have a good weekend, I am afraid we are arguing about something I agree with you on, but the law will not change and make a difference in your case. I wish you the best. I bid you adieu.