Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Lawyer
Experience:  Partner at Kent Law Group, LLC

My fiances sisters boyfriend has been driving by my home for

Customer Question

My fiances sisters boyfriend has been driving by my home for the past two years blasting his horn for a complete block from 1 to 4 timws day just to erritate me becouse he thinks I dont fit with my fiance. We have asked him to stop several times. We have asked him why he keeps doing it, he sYs in reply I have my reasons pal. It is very much a personal adgitation and has gotten to my nerves. I have developed a nervous shaking and am constantly looking over my shoulder to see if he is following me. And he does follow me when I go to our favorite sports bar to watch a game . He pulls up behind me while im loading my truck for work blast his horn and drives off. I dont know whatt to do.
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the truck?
Customer: Can I sue him for harassment
JA: Have you talked to a laywer yet?
Customer: No I dont wNt to stir up a fire u try and laugh it off but my nerves are so shattered by this behavior sometimes its hard to button my shirt. My fiances mother is 88 years old and I dont wNt to get her upset. Im lost .
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: What steps do I have to take to handle this
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can. My goal is to make sure you are completely satisfied before you submit your rating so please let me know if you have additional questions or you need me to clarify anything. If there is a delay in the time it takes me to respond it is because I am working with a customer or I am not online - but rest assured I will respond to your follow up question, if you have one. Also, I am on a mobile unit, which automatically asks you to submit a rating once I submit a response – but please don't feel like you need to do so until we are done speaking. You can ABSOLUTELY file for a restraining order and frankly, if it were me, I would report him to the police for harassment. His behavior is egregious. The fact that you've tolerated it this long is incredible. Please let me know if you have any questions or you need me to clarify anything. I would be happy to do so. If there is a delay in responding it's because I'm working with another customer or simply not at my computer - but I assure you I will respond as soon as I can.