Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

We were scammed by Chase Bank of $50,000 by manipulating our

Customer Question

We were scammed by Chase Bank of $50,000 by manipulating our original Mortgage to have a second mortgage. The second mortgage was was supposedly paid with $50,000.00 on a Chase Credit card opened in our name.
JA: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: We live in Granger, IN
JA: Have you talked to a laywer yet?
Customer: No, we have not talk to a lawyer at the moment.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is this a viable case, if brought for litigation.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is***** can help you with this.

I am not fully understanding the situation. I assume at some point you had a first mortgage and then you applied for more credit from Chase?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Our first Mortgage was originally paid $50,000.00 as downpayment. This was explained to us by the Real estate agent that $22,700 was for the title company and the $27,000.00 was for the bank that would handle our mortgage. The We signed the paperworks way back on 2003 with Countrywide. I was not very sharp to see that a second mortgage was hidden in the inner pages, for $27,000. When I saw that the balance of the Mortgage was 50,000.00 less we signed the mortgage paper with Lending Tree. Later in the year the Mortgage was sold to Bank One ( Chase Bank) now. Chase bank opened a credit card supposedly in our name and place $50,000.00 dollars which we did not have any knowledge of. The Mortgage waas a 5/ARM
and after 5 years.we refinance the mortgage, and Chase collected the $50,000.00 from the equity of our mortgage.We have all the paper works to prove our case.
Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 2 months ago.

Chase Bank opened a credit card without any knowledge by you and without you applying for it?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I was working as an Engineer overseas and my wife was the one paying for my expenses incurred overseas here in the United States. For 5 years we were not aware at all of paying for a second mortgage.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I may or may not have an open Chase card way back.
Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 2 months ago.

Ok, well I am not sure I can help you on here. It sounds like you need to have a lawyer actually review your documents and see if there are any claims. I am only able to answer questions you may have here. Do you have any questions I might be able to help with?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Why would a Chase Bank fund my Credit card with $50,000.00 without my Knowledge. Why not send a cashiers check if this was on the level that way they have a paper trail. Why did chase not collect on the second mortgage for 5 Years?
Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 2 months ago.

Well that is what I mean, I can't answer why Chase may or may have not done something. That seems unbelievable and bizarre to me that a bank would fund a credit card without any application by an individual. As for the second, I also find that unbelievable, but not so strange because if the house did not have enough equity they may just be sitting on the 2nd mortgage or may have waived it as many banks did that 3-5 years ago pursuant to a large national settlement with the government. Have you ever received statements for the second mortgage?