Law Tutor, Esq.
Law Tutor, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  N/A
96078538

My boyfriend has been released from delaware prison but is

Customer Question

My boyfriend has been released from delaware prison but is being held on a warrant for virgina beach how long do they have to come for him? He's had no extradition hearing and was released on the 1st of September
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when was the warrant issued?
Customer: It started in ny he had a warrant in Delaware they gave delaware 14 days .. now his case in Delaware is finished and has a warrant in VA beach.. the warrant was issued around the end of august
JA: Have you talked to a laywer yet?
Customer: No I can't seem to get in touch with one in VA beach
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: VA beach said he violated probation but he said he was out probation November 2015 .. that's all the information I have so far
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Tutor, Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am a licensed attorney for over 20 years and I look forward to assisting you. I would be happy to provide general information regarding your question.

Please give me a moment to review your question and type your answer. Thanks.

When I was a Public Defender in Virginia Beach, I saw this problem quite often. A defendant would be waiting in another jurisdiction to be extradited to Virginia Beach and it takes what seems to be an eternity for the defendant to be transported. Generally, although time is of the essence, it is a lengthy process. Once the Governor's Warrant for extradition is issued, it will hold the defendant for 30 days, with a possible extension of up to 60 days. Does this answer your question?

If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page) so that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me.

A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

I see that you don't need anything further so I will close this out at this time. Please don't forget to 5 star rate me on the rating section of this page so I can receive credit for assisting you. There is no additional charge to you for rating me. Thanks!