Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My son was visiting a friend when an officer and a probation

Customer Question

my son was visiting a friend when an officer and a probation officer went to the door looking for a someone on probation the owner the house told the officer that person was not there. my son then told the owner of the house he was going to leave the officer and probation told him he was not able to leave they detained him at this house for approximately 3 hours until they could get a search warrant
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when was the warrant issued?
Customer: Arizona pima county
JA: Have you talked to a laywer yet?
Customer: while my son was being detained at the house I drove by because he was using my car I then told one of the officer I was going to take my car home, he told me with my daughter present that the car was going to be taken for evidence once again there was no search warrant and the car had not been searched at this time
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I believe my son has been unlawfully arrested and i want to know what i can do
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Ely replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Please tell me what was he arrested for exactly? Did the police find anything illegal in the home or on his person?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.