Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I am looking for a sample letter for court. My son can not

Customer Question

I am looking for a sample letter for court. My son can not pay the penalty deposit in full so he can write a letter to the Judge explaining that he would like to have a new court date without having to paying the $ penalty deposit.
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: thank you
JA: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: MARYLAND
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: He currently has a suspended license for a FTA, he would like to have a another hearing but MD requires him to pay the fee prior to a hearing being scheduled. We would like to see if the fees can be waived
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: He submitted a request for a new trial, it was granted but with the payment of fee stipulation. He has another charge that was filed on the same day which required him to do community service and see a PO for 6 months. He has complied and completed the community service and is seeing the PO as directed.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 4 months ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Can you tell me your question...are you looking for someone to help you draft the letter?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Was looking for a sample/template that I can send to the judge.

I will send an offer...if you accept I can work with you (via phone or email or both) to get the letter you are looking for.