Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I have a felony conviction from1996 that keeps me from

Customer Question

I have a felony conviction from1996 that keeps me from owning a firearm...how do I go about changing this situation so I can legally own a firearm
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Roger replied 3 months ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

You can apply for clemency and seek a restoration of your civil rights and/or your firearm rights. Here's a very good link you can read: https://www.fcor.state.fl.us/clemencyOverview.shtml

The link also provides a the application and other relevant information (see hyperlinks on the left side of the page).

Expert:  Roger replied 3 months ago.

This is really the only option because convictions aren't eligible for expungement under FL law (http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/cms/Seal-and-Expunge-Process/Frequently-Asked-Questions.aspx).

Expert:  Roger replied 3 months ago.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions. Also, please take time to positively rate our conversation so I may receive credit for assisting. Thanks again!

Expert:  Roger replied 3 months ago.

Hi - I was checking in to see if you needed anything further. Is so, please let me know. If not, please take time to positively rate our conversation so I may receive credit for assisting. Thanks again!

Expert:  Roger replied 3 months ago.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
This answer is way too vage and not to the point so no I am not satisfied with the answer and or advice so either withdraw the charge from my acct. or I will have my bank take it back
Expert:  Roger replied 3 months ago.

Hi -

I'm not sure why you think the answer is vague as it provides the information requested, links and forms. Unfortunately, the only option available since you were convicted is to seek clemency. Good luck with this and please let me know what specifically you were looking for if this didn't address one of your questions.