Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years experience

I got a felony DWI about twenty years ago. I would like to

Customer Question

I got a felony DWI about twenty years ago. I would like to buy a gun. What's the process I have to go thru?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 month ago.

Welcome! My name is***** give me a few minutes to analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back.

Expert:  Maverick replied 1 month ago.

Under Texas state law a convicted felon may possess a firearm in the residence, in which he lives, once five years have elapsed from the date his sentence was discharged. However, this is not true under federal law. Currently there is only way for you to regain your rights to possess a firearm and that is through a full pardon through the governor’s office. Here is the application to do that.

Note: (1) Just Answer’s site disclaimers apply to all levels of service; (2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) If we are done, please assign a feedback rating so Just Answer will compensate me for your question. Thank you for using Just Answer.