Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years experience
16823287

Are you familiar with Georgia law? Ok! Thank you! My brother

Customer Question

Are you familiar with Georgia law?
JA: No. I'm the Lawyer's Assistant.
Customer: Ok! Thank you!
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: My brother in law was accused of sexually molesting his daughter and without one shred of evidence he was arrested, thrown in jail for10 days, wore an ankle monitor for 2.5 years, and after 3.5 years after the accusation and arrest he was put on trial 2 weeks ago. The daughter whom he raised went to live with his ex in 2010 and two years later accused him of molesting her 242 times without one shred of evidence. She said she didn't remember it until after going to live with her mother. It was a nasty divorce and he and my sister were accused by this ex 8 times before of child abuse, were investigated and found innocent. So this time they went for the sexual accusation and took the Violence against women act into his employers office while he was still in jail with asterisks beside the wages to be filled out. The daughter had to be dragged back to Georgia from New York kicking and screaming... Someone from the DAs office flew to New York to escort her on the plane, put her in a motel and drive her to the courthouse. Her story on the stand didn't match the indictments, she couldn't remember what she was supposed to say, took off and didn'treturn for the verdict. Our family is very upset and we are exploring the possibility of suing the DAs office for bringing this case with no evidence... Only her word. My brother in law lost his 23 year chiropractic career, my sister lost custody of her children over these allegations, and their lives have been turned upside down. He was found not guilty in on the sodomy charge but the other3 charges were found not guilty10-2 in his favor and a mistrial was declared. Nowthey. Are living in fear this out of control woma. Da will retry him on the3 lesser charges and we feel something has to be done to bring these people to account.
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Daughter now19, was 15 at the time she Made these accusations
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Georgia that's why I asked you about Georgia in the initial question
Category: Criminal Law
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'm going to bed now but hope to hear back from you soon. When asked by the detectives ' did he force you to have oral sex with you? She replied' I think so' So on the statement' I think so 'Ashley Snow of the DAs office in Cherokee county Ga made that into indictment number one, carrying 25 years. The 10 jury members said they did not believe a word of her case from the opening statements and12 reached a12-0 not guilty on the sodomy charge.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Something HAS to be done in Georgia that this cannot happen to another innocent man. I wrote the DA a 10 page letter over a year ago outlining the two exes persecution of my sister and her husband with verbal threats that would make their lives hell after they divorced them. What I want to know is: In the state of Georgia can a man or woman be arrested, thrown in jail, be forced to wear a monitor for 2.5 years, be forced to pay for that monitor to the tune of$345 a month, put on trial with no evidence simply because the girl is15... A minor???? The DA didn't even play his police interview in court because according to his lawyer it came across as so truthful, consistent and him giving the history of persecution for the last10 years by the exes.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No forensic evidence., no DNA, she never told anyone, said it happened to her sister too and the sister said in police interview that no, that was not true, and the sister said the same during the trial. She said it happened 242 times but she never remembered it from age5 to age15. Then the police asked her when she remembered it and she said2 months ago. That was after she had been living with her mother for2 years. She also didn't tell her mother. She wrote a note to 34 year old male neighbor who happened to be her personal trainer and who gave her alcohol one night and she ended up in the hospital with alcohol poisoning.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
an assistant DA brought this case and ruined this man's life all the while knowing exactly what I've just outlined you. She also allowed the two exes into her office to bend her ear with lies about Dorie and Peter. This can be proven by the DA Wally Rodgers throwing Dories ex out of his office when he had this case and Peters lawyer finding Dories ex's business card on Ashley Snows office and saying to her, Surely you're not listening to that asshole??? He's a pathological liar! Looks like prosecutorial misconduct to me. Dorie s ex is not the accusers daughter!
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Dorie Walsh is my sister. Peter Walsh falsely accused is my brother in law. Sierra Walsh is the accuser. Scott Poole is Peters defense attorney, Ashley Snow is the DA. Brenda Hardy is Peters ex and Michael Donaldson is Dories ex.
Expert:  Maverick replied 3 months ago.

Welcome! My name is***** give me a few minutes to analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back.

Expert:  Maverick replied 3 months ago.

You are dealing with a very large problem that can be traced all the way to the United States Supreme Court. Please read this article as it may help you take comfort in the fact that you are not alone. After reading that you may come to realize that even if you hired the best lawyers and had all the money in the world to try to obtain justice; you may still fail because the Court of all courts just does not "give a damn". Unfortunately there is no short term solution [2-5 years] here.

I know this is not the answer you wanted to hear, but I am assuming that you are paying for a professional and honest answer.

Please Note: (1) Just Answer’s site disclaimers apply to all levels of service; (2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) If we are done, please assign a feedback rating so Just Answer will compensate me for your question. Thank you for using Just Answer.