Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

I would like to know how to properly write a letter to the

Customer Question

Hello , I would like to know how to properly write a letter to the judge to drop simple assault charge against my husband/father of my kids ? There was an incident that occured where he struck me while he was completely drunk after I cursed at him . I am 27 weeks pregnant and we have 2 other children , neither of who witnessed the incident . I was also not hurt , but a large contusion was left on the side of my head where I had to be seen at the hospital to check for any possible internal head injuries . Again , i was 100 % ok and checked out same day ... my husband does not drink and has never put his hands on me before , however , there was a wedding after party going on and he was heavily drunken from enjoying the party . Note : he was also given a no contact order . I have not testified nor given a victim impact statement . I just want this to end and reconcile with my husband .
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 month ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Happy to help with this...I will send the offer and if you accept we can work together to get the letter you are seeking

Hi...I have to step away for a few hours but happy to help you on my return if you accept the offer.