How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 114029
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son has been followed and harrassed and threatened her in

Customer Question

My son has been followed and harrassed and threatened her in baker montana. We have been to the police station several times because one of the boys constantly follows him when he is out. My son is 22 three of the 4 kids tormenting him are underage. At the beginning of July 2 of them through a huge firecracker at our feet so I took it to the police station..we were told they each got 7 tickets..well now the other parties are saying my son is harassing the police won't believe us no matter how many messages I have from my son that he is being follower or how many videos he has taken where you can visibly tell he is being followed..well here about for days ago two of the minors spray painted your next brandon b with a gang sign on a freezer and threw it in the lake in the middle of our town..the police have never even notified us of it but when asked tell us they are doing nothing about this threat against his life..the freezer is now at the city shop in a dumpster and that's where it has been. I have pictures..please help I am at a loss and very afraid of what is gonna happen. LEIDA S*****
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If you cannot get the police to take action, your son's next step is he needs a local attorney and has to file suit for harassment and assault against the minors AND the adult parent/guardian and you can seek not only a restraining order to prohibit further contact, but also money damages for their conduct and the emotional distress it is causing your son. IF the police will not act on your complaints, then going to civil court and suing them is your final remaining option here and that should be his next step, getting to court for their conduct and getting a civil court restraining order and seeking a money judgment against them for the distress and damages caused.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Going to civil court against the minors? Or against the police for not doing anything?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The local district attorney says it's just kids fighting back and forth..that's what his wife said.I have asked twice to speak with him and have yet to have a phone call even returned
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your reply.
As I said above, you would sue the minors through their parent/guardian. You cannot force the police to take action, but you can take civil action against the minors and their guardian for the conduct of the minors and harm they are causing.