RobertJDFL, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.

I am looking into traveling to Puerto Rico. I am a felon and

Customer Question

I am looking into traveling to Puerto Rico. I am a felon and sex offender in the state of Missouri and what to get up to date on the laws for sex offenders vacationing to PR. I can vacation for either 6 days or longer. Whatever is easier to comply with the laws.
JA: Have you talked to a laywer yet?
Customer: I have not
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I look forward to helping you.

Puerto Rico actually has pretty relaxed laws regarding sex offenders visiting the country (compared with other countries). Under Puerto Rico law,you have to register there if you are intending to make PR your permanent or temporary residence of more than 10 days. See: PR Code 4, § 536c. Thus, temporary visitors of under 10 days do not have to register. Failure to register after 10 days is considered a misdemeanor.

Please remember to kindly leave a positive rating for me by clicking on the stars, as that is the only way experts are paid for their time even though you may have already paid a deposit to the site. Follow-up questions asked in this thread do not cost anything additional after leaving a positive rating.

If you need clarification
about my answer or additional information, please use the SEND or REPLY button to continue our conversation. Your satisfaction is my goal and I am here to help!

I see that you have not left a positive rating for me yet. Was there something I could clarify for you about my answer, or additional information you needed? If so, please let me know. I'm here to help!

If not, I would kindly ask that you take a moment at this time to click on the stars to leave a positive rating, as that is the only way I am credited for my time and assistance, even if you have left a deposit. Remember that you can always ask follow-up questions in this thread at no additional cost after leaving a positive rating. Thank you!