How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 3029
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was served a Notice of Pending Forfeiture where the police

Customer Question

Hi I was served a Notice of Pending Forfeiture where the police seized my car while my son was in it with drugs. I have only 4 days before my 30 days is up. I need to write a claim in affidavit form. Can you help me please. I know nothing about this.
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: It happened August 3 and I received the paper work around the 8 explaining what happened.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No sir
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I did talk to the arresting officers and they said they have no inentions of keeping my car but I needed to go through the legal process.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Stacy Adkins replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I will try to assist you this evening. What state are you located in?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  Stacy Adkins replied 1 month ago.

Thank you. Give me a few moments to research your issue.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don't have much money, I'm sorry maybe I should'nt have used this site
Expert:  Stacy Adkins replied 1 month ago.

Would you like me to request customer service to close this request before any charges are made?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
mam thank you
Expert:  Stacy Adkins replied 1 month ago.

I have made the request. Good luck.

Related Criminal Law Questions