MIAMILAW1127, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.

My son plead guilty to 2 counts of Menacing and 1 count of

Customer Question

My son plead guilty to 2 counts of Menacing and 1 count of disorderly conduct in Clackamas County Oregon. At first we were told by the public defender that his sentence would be 4 days in jail and 40 hours community service. However, he was incorrect. The DA asked for 4 days in jail, 80 hours community service with fines and also 2 years supervised probation. My son has never been in trouble and does not do drugs. While waiting for his court date, he was on house arrest for 6 weeks and abide by all the laws but was not given time served. He has no past record and is 20 years old. He served his time, paid all his fines, restitution and court costs. He has no problem completing the 80 hours community service, but doesn't understand why he has 2 years supervised probation with no criminal record. Is there anything we can do to reduce his probation time?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 month ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

The short answer is yes. You can try to petition the court for early termination of probation.

I hope this helps. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Thank you.