Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience

I need to obtain an audience with the director of the FBI

Customer Question

I need to obtain an audience with the director of the FBI in Washington.
What steps do I need to take to get this accomplished?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

You and any other ordinary citizen, including me and other attorneys, will not generally get a meeting with the FBI Director at all. Even Congress, who the FBI Director reports to, can rarely get to meet with him at this point. All you can do, besides contacting your US Senator and US Congressman to try to get assistance is call and write the FBI headquarters and ask, but from experience they will refuse to set up such a meeting.

Here is the information for contacting them, but legally he does not have to meet with you and in reality he will not meet with you (that is from experience and from what I have seen happen over many years practicing law).

You can contact them and they will put you through to his office, but you will get to his secretarial staff and that is about it.

FBI Headquarters
935 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, D.C.###-##-####br/>(202)(###) ###-####