Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

My boyfriend took my son and left the state of Alaska he is

Customer Question

My boyfriend took my son and left the state of Alaska he is on unsupervised probation for his second DUI he is trying to take my son away
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I need to know how to make him come back to alaska
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Yes I have documents that he took after he got out of jail of him drinking, what he drank and he has driven my can multiple and bout a car they he never put in his name
JA: What advice did they give you?
Customer: They told me that the state of Cali didn't have jurisdiction over my son but because my brother was on the house when he got back from his vacation and he is a user that they granted him tempary custody and said he had to come back to Alaska but he hasn't yet
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I've told them everything, I need to know what other ways I can get him to come back here now,
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Nisha Jones, Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Good night, I am an Immigration and Criminal Law attorney, I'll be the expert assisting you tonight. Please understand this is for informational purposes only, we do not have an attorney-client relationship.

I'm sorry that you are going through this, I can't imagine how difficult it must be with your son missing. Some of your initial transcript is unclear, I'm wondering what state your son is in now? And can you please explain a little more about how custody was granted to your brother? Then I think I will be able to better assist you.