Legal-Kal
Legal-Kal, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney at Law Offices of Khaled Issa
90630425

Is this a costly advice line? Wisoconsin sorry bad typin, We

Customer Question

Is this a costly advice line?
JA: In what state did this occur?
Customer: Wisoconsin sorry bad typin
JA: Have you talked to a laywer yet?
Customer: We this is about my son in law. He and my daughter live in IL. A warrant was filed in Wisconsin on 8/23
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: This is regarding possession of child pornography about a year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 9 months ago.

Good afternoon:

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to provide general information regarding your question.

What would you specific question be?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Will the State of Wisconsin extradite my son in law from IL based on a simple click on an email they classified as possession of child pornography over a year ago? This has been classified by WI
DCFS as closed. "Friends" of my son in law and daughter are in the midst of a divorce. She claim he touched her daughter inappropriately. State of IL investigating but "waiting" on Wisconsin. Suddenly this filed
warrant surfaced on 8/23
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
He turned himself in to our local authorities via a friend of ours on the local department. He has been to court and is a waiting to know if Wisconsin will come and get him.

Thanks for that information.

So when there is a outstanding warrant, the underlying facts of the allegations or the charges against the person are not relevant. The warrant only deals with the person being extradited back to the jurisdiction hearing the underlying criminal charge.

When a police officer is executing a warrant, they do not have any knowledge of the facts of the case. They are bound, by law, to arrest the warrant and hold that person until the jurisdiction that issued the warrant comes picks them up. So, essentially, a warrant only deals with bringing the person back into court and nothing else (they do not deal with what the actual case is about).

The hard part is determining when, if at all, the jurisdiction that issued the warrant will pick the person up. That is because it all depends on the jurisdiction that issued the warrant. However, with felony cases, the likelihood that the person will be picked up is very high as warrants for failing to appear for a felony is much more serious than misdemeanor failure to appear warrants. On top of that, because IL and WI are neighbors, the chances that they are picked up is even higher because there is less travel and less expenses involved.

While this may not be the best news to you, as an expert here, I am duty bound to answer the question as correct and accurate as possible as that is the only way the general information provided here can be of assistance.

Questions based on this? If so, please ask and I'd be happy to follow up or clarify anything I've provided.

If you have no other questions on what I have provided, please remember that experts here are not employees of JustAnswer and do not get credited for taking the time to provide general information to individuals until the individual clicks ACCEPT and rates the assistance with three stars or higher. Your cooperation in this regard would be appreciated!

***General information provided here is for educational and informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice, nor should it be relied upon as such. It is always wise to consult with an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction as they would be in the best position to assist***

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No, thank you. I appreciate you help. We will just wait and see what happens.

Your are welcome. Just as a reminder, if you do have questions you may ask them here at no additional charge. Once the session has been completed, then you may accept the answer and leave a rating.

So if you do still have questions, you can type them in this chat and there is no additional charge.

I see you have read my response.

If you have no other questions, please remember that experts here provide general information to individuals as a source of income and not as a hobby. The only way experts can be credited for taking the time to provide general information is when the individual clicks ACCEPT and rates the assistance provided with three stars or higher, per the terms of service agreed upon. Please remember to do so.

Thank you!