Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

I had police ransack my house, confiscated all my firearms

Customer Question

I had police ransack my house, confiscated all my firearms and put me in the hospital for 6 days for observation. The Dr's said there was no reason for me to be there, but changed a medicine that was making me sweat a lot. I'm 56 years old and have ms. I bought my house ten year ago, just so I would have a place to hunt. It's surrounded by Forest. I have hunted there for 10 years with no problems. Now for some reason they also confiscated my hunting privileges even though this situation had nothing to do with hunting. Most likely I would like to get my hunting rights restored butt the Firearms or Worse probably $3,500 and some have been in the family for years.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Nisha Jones, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Good morning, I am a Criminal Defense attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I'll be helping answer your questions today. Please note I can answer your questions for informational purposes only, we do not currently have an attorney-client relationship.

In order to give you more accurate information, I need to know why the police entered your home to begin with? Were you charged with a crime?